Saturday, April 3, 2010

Catherization news

Hey Peeps!!

Everyone I talk to wants an update and for awhile there was nothing to report because I was waiting for my doctors to schedule more doctor appointments and the heart catherization. After a few weeks (and a few calls by me) I finally got the day for the heart cath and it will be on the 15th of April. I have had so many caths that I lost count years ago, so even though it a regular thing for me when I typed it out my stomach turned a bit. Man, I need to toughen up a bit more.
So when I have the cath I will be put out (Hallelujah I used to stay awake for them) and I will have a Gastro intestinal scope done as well.

This Wednesday on the 7th of April, I will have a big day at Primary Childrens. I am going in to meet with the transplant team, a pharmacist, a dietitian, a social worker and a financial advisor. It will be like a school day because they even scheduled a lunch hour for me. Maybe I can talk them into a recess? Quintin and my parents are coming with me as well. It will be a big day of getting a lot of information and questions answered about this transplant train that I am about to board.

I had a few questions answered a few days ago when Paul and Lynette Cardall came over to see me. Paul had a heart transplant about 6 months ago and is doing great. He gave me some of his old meds that I will have to take (haha) and he and Lynette were able to lift all of our spirits with their story. It was great therapy to talk to them for my family and myself.

I had a bad day last week when I didn't think an insurance company would cover me and than my hard drive crashed and we lost everything on our computer, including all pictures and videos from Australia! So everybody remember to back-up your computer!! It is in a data recovery in Denver so there is still a small glimmer of hope that we will get some of our data and pics back.


After my cath we (my parents, Quintin and myself) are going to go to San Diego for a week. We figured that we should go before I am officially put on the transplant list because once I'm on the list I can't go anywhere. So April will be busy, first with necessary hospital stuff and then with fun in Cali! Oh ya and my birthday is on the
8th, so y'all mark it in your calanders!!

Love Y'ALL!!
Holly

4 comments:

The Zenn family said...

Busy is good! Hope all goes well with the cath and enjoy your trip!

Robyn said...

Thanks for the update, sounds like a crazy busy time for you. We should talk about Disney one of these days.

Brooke said...

Keep us updated- I want to know everything! :) kind of exciting. Enjoy San Diego :)

mikeisha said...

Holly, I don't have your new number and couldn't call you on your bday. Listen girly, Paul and Lynnette are awesome I am so glad you met up with them. I am praying for you nightly. I hope you are stengthended. Love ya!
Meisha