Monday, November 16, 2009

More tests!

Hello!
I'm sorry it has been so long! My head has been overflowing with so many worries and thoughts and prayers that I have put off writing on my blog for a while now.

I have been having test mania lately, I have a Dr's appointment or a blood draw pretty much everyday as I continue to work, so at least I'm busy. My parents left to go back home to Utah a few weeks ago. They had a pretty good time despite having this news about a possible heart and liver transplant come while they were on vacation. In a way it was good though, Quintin and I needed the extra support and distractions. We did every possible touristy thing and it was a blast.

After they left I had to deal with the situation at hand. I wrote to my Dr in SLC that would be involved in the decision of what will happen to me, and where. She wrote me back with pretty good news. She said that determining on how well my other organs are, I might just be able to have a heart transplant instead of heart and liver. My liver would ultimately regenerate back to a healthy liver and I would be given a new chance at life. Problem, my lungs and kidneys are pretty nasty also. She gave me advise on what tests to take and when all of those results are back she would go to the transplant team weekly meeting, submit my name for eligibility and they will decide if I can have a heart transplant.

I ran out and as fast as I could to get all of the necessary tests, it took about 2 weeks to get all of the results back. I e-mailed to the Dr, who's name is Dr. Yetman by the way. I spent a couple of breath holding days checking my e-mail every moment that I could. The e-mail came. Dr. Yetman had taken my results to the transplant team meeting and it was decided that.................. I need more tests. I have done two so far and I am having a liver biopsy done on Friday. I'll have to tell you how that goes cause I'm a bit nervous about a straw being poked in my liver about 4-5 inches. Hopefully that will be it, then I will have the news that has been going over and over in my head every second of the day.

So I am a bit stressed, I have tried to have the best and purest faith that I can possibly have but there is still stress and a bit of depression that comes with all of this madness. Quintin was going through getting prepared to do finals during all of this and it proved to be impossible. So he is in the process of withdrawing from school and we are definitely moving back to Utah. If it goes well and I am proven eligible to have a heart transplant than I may be going back sooner than Quintin. We have a lot of things to tie up here in Cairns, a car, a scooter and a household full of furniture that we need to sell.

I am hopeful that I can get medicare in the states and that Quintin can find a good job. I am hopeful that I will get a new heart and be able to dance! I told Quintin that he will have to take swing dance lessons with me, and maybe ballroom? The possibilities are endless with a healthy body.

On a fun note, Quintin and I are going to Brisbane on Saturday for a bit of a vacation. It started out as a day or so in the hospital so that the Drs here could be familiar with me in case I needed help from them. We live so far away from advanced medicine that I would have to go 1000 miles away for any heart emergency that I might have. Anyway, I cancelled most of those tests because I will just have to re-do them in Utah. So we are going for fun now. We plan on going to Steve Irwins Zoo, Sea World, and Quintin has a ticket for Pearl Jam. We could only get one ticket, so that is his Christmas present.

I love you all, thanks so much for your support. I'm sorry that I don't answer everyone back but once again.........some people have a way with words.........some people..............not have way. I'm one of the people that not have way.

Loves and Hugs

Holly


5 comments:

The Zenn family said...

Thanks for the update. I know this must be awful for you guys. We worry and pray for you everyday and hope answers come quickly and things go smoothly with the tests and the move. Hang in there! Love ya!

Emily said...

We are praying for you. I hope the move and tests go well.

mikeisha said...

Oh Holly, I love you so much! You are such an example and inspiration to me! I have been praying for you nightly. You do have a way with words.

Lynnette and Paul said...

We have been thinking so much about you guys and have been praying for you often. We are so anxious to hear about how things go for you. Dr. Yetman will fight tooth and nail for you and will make sure what is best for you will happen. This is a super scary road you are going down but it will amaze you how much the Lord will strengthen and enable you to get through each day. Sorry you have to relocate but I know everyone is so excited to have you back in Utah. Let's be sure to get together and go to dinner when you are back. It always helped me to talk to someone that understood what I was going through. We are excited for you guys and can't wait to dance with you. Love you guys :)

MissLed said...

Thanks for the update Hollz. I'm sorry that I'm so bad about checking blogs - so I'm always behind. One good thing about coming back to Salt Lake is we can finally have LOST night together again! I miss you, I love you, and am praying for you, and hope that you are having a fabulous time in Brisbane! XOXOXO