Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Mayo clinic

After my last appointment at the U of U (see last post), I was told that my records were sent to the Mayo Clinic and to my cardiologist that I saw in Chicago 9 years ago.
The Mayo Clinic said right away that they would see me, that they will call me when they had the appointments scheduled and that I should probably expect at least a week and a half of tests.

It has been a long few weeks of waiting to hear back from the Mayo. I called a few times with promises that they would get back to me soon. I had my phone with me constantly checking the mute button quite often. I was pretty much a basket case. Until today..

I woke up early and decided to have a more positive attitude, I tried to feed the tarantula (Quintin's birthday present) but the darn cricket jumped out of my hand and sent me on a giggling and screaming chase. I was in a good mood, ready for a shower.
I got out of the shower and checked my phone, THE MAYO had called! I asked Quintin why he hadn't answered it, IT WAS ON MUTE!!! No worries, I just called them back.

The Mayo transplant coordinator told me that I just need to come for two day consultations with the transplant cardiologist and the congenital cardiologist. I was confused so I asked her when I would see the liver doctor and she told me that that isn't on the schedule yet, the cardiologists want to see me first.

Frustrating, but I may have to go a couple of times before they fully decide to take me on as a patient. Just in case they decide to do more tests, we are going to go for 10 days and if they don't need to do anything else we might drive to Chicago and spend a few days there.

I still plan on having a good day today with the knowledge that I may have to buy lots of plane tickets to Minnesota, and that they still may turn me down for transplants, don't cha know.

HOLLY :)

4 comments:

The Zenn family said...

My house is your house! Seriously, ANYTHING we can do to help, just say so. Rides to and from airport or anywhere, lodging, whatever.

Robyn said...

When do you go?

mikeisha said...

We love you!

Unknown said...

Hey, Holly--Jared is still in Chicago!