Friday, August 13, 2010

Water Baby

At the Mayo Clinic 3 weeks ago I had a heart catheterization and the week before I had a liver catheterization. With both of these procedures I received IV fluid. It seems that whenever I receive this fluid my body doesn't want to let it go. I disagree with my body when this happens. In Australia strangers were more bold and would ask me when I was due and if I knew what I was having. I would tell them that I wasn't pregnant and I have liver and heart disease. They would then apologize and make a very quick exit. I haven't had a lot of people ask me in Utah but they see my stomach and smile.
I can't see why people think I'm pregnant.....hmmm
I've gained at least 10 pounds
This has been very uncomfortable and despite an increase of diuretics, I haven't lost weight. I had an appointment for a paracentesis (fluid removal) today but my blood was still too thin so I would have bled more than usual. So frustrating but I hopefully will be able to have it done on Monday. I'm excited to get rid of this water baby. Moms I have such a great respect for you!!

1 comment:

Me and My Clan said...

Hey Holly, I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. I feel pretty stupid that I may have been the first in Utah to ask if you are pregnant. :) I really was talking to someone about how you have kidney and heart problems, and they suggested that it's probably acting up because you're probably pregnant. Ha ha, that's why I asked, and now I feel pretty silly. Oh well. Sorry again. :)